Vacancies @ The Courthouse
Financial Administrator/Accounts Manager
To support the Board of Management and Artistic Director to ensure the company’s financial administration and bookkeeping is followed to best practice guidelines and within company law and charity regulation requirements.
- Weekly bookkeeping using Sage 50c.
- Online bank data input, preparation and reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for analysis by artistic director and company secretary.
- Recording and verifying audience payments through our online ticketing processor.
- Action and update weekly sales reporting of till payments including cash, credit card and online payments.
- Processing payroll.
- Preparation of financial statements and Tax compliance.
- Produce Invoices and follow up on monies owed to the company.
- Document and keep records in respect of company bank account’s for the purposes of auditing.
- Continually monitor and review current practices and procedures including system processes and where necessary make recommendations in respect of enhancements.
Person Specification – What You Bring To The Role:
Experience & Qualifications
- Strong Knowledge of Sage 50c, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, outlook).
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a bookkeeping role.
- Experience in accounting or financial area.
- Previous experience in an administrative capacity.
- Experience assisting with year-end accounts for the auditors.
- Accounting Technician Certificate would be advantageous.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Experience adhering to company confidentiality code.
- Honesty and Integrity
- Strong performance ethos
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage time effectively
- Ability to deal with multiple queries in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Highly motivated and proactive
Terms and conditions of employment
- The position is for a three year contract, subject to continued funding and includes a 6 month probationary period.
- This is a part time position of 16 hours per week exclusive of lunch. Ideally two full days a week but we are open to facilitating morning or afternoons. It is understood that at times you may be expected to work such hours as are necessary to support the workload in question. Any hours worked over the contracted hours per week may be taken in lieu with prior agreement with the artistic director.
- The position holds an entitlement of 20 days holiday per year, plus all public holidays.
Salary: €12,000 gross per annum commensurate with experience.
How to apply
To apply for this position please send a CV detailing your experience and listing three references (preferably with their email addresses) and a covering letter telling us:
- Why you’re right for this role; both in terms of experience and meeting the selection criteria.
- Why you want to work at The Courthouse Arts Centre.
Applications must be submitted to Frank Gallagher Chairman either by post: The Courthouse Arts Centre Main St Tinahely Co Wicklow or by email : email@example.com application will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Closing Date for applications is Friday 25th May 2018 @ 5pm. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed on Wednesday May 30th from 2pm. Start date for this position will be Tuesday June 5th 2018.
The Courthouse Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is funded by the Arts Council, Wicklow County Council, Pobal and Intreo.