Maggie GallagherOutgoing Artistic Director
Maggie’s experiences as a performer and as an arts manager enable her to programme events sensitive to both audiences’ needs and artists’ requirements. This sensitivity is ever present whether in her approach to the day to day practicalities of running an arts centre or when welcoming artists and audiences to the unique intimacy of the Courthouse. Maggie is always delighted to discuss new project ideas and can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or at the link below.
Hannah MullanIncoming Artistic Director
Hannah has a professional background as a creative producer having worked with muli-award winning company Anu Productions on their Monto Cyle. She has a strong interest in promoting diversity and inclusivity and has worked with WillFredd theatre company. As Programme Coordinator for the George Bernard Shaw Theatre at VISUAL Carlow Hannah was responsible for programming, administration and marketing. During her five years at VISUAL she developed community engagement opportunities and well as professional residency programmes across theatre, early years and dance. Hannah is delighted to bring her mentorship and advice capacities to artists at The Courthouse Arts Centre and can be emailed at: email@example.com or at the link below.
Kieran O TooleTech and Productions manager
Kieran has a background in PR and communications. As productions manager Kieran works across a number of different areas which includes PR, technical, FOH and fundraising activities. We are delighted to have Kieran on staff and value his professionalism and great attention to detail. Contact Kieran at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the link below.
Barbara CallaghanPR & Marketing
As our Pr and marketing manager Barbara deals with all marketing and events promotions. Barbara has many years experience in events and arts related activities. For PR and marketing enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Barbara at email@example.com or at the link below.
As the Education and Outreach officer, Maeve ensures the Courthouse Arts Centre is a welcome environment for visitors and conducive to learning.Her main interest is to develop relationships in both the formal and non formal education sectors where quality education and outreach provision is accessible to all. Maeve can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or at the link below.
Hilary is our box office assistant. With a background in customer care Hilary prides herself on meeting the needs of our audience with a ready smile and listening ear. Hilary is always happy to answer any booking enquires and can be contacted at email@example.com or at the link below.
Aisling LeonardTech and Productions assistant
Aisling has a background in PR and marketing with a keen interest in film, photography and sound and lighting. Please contact Aisling with any technical queries on firstname.lastname@example.org or on the link below.
Keeping up with the busy demands of admin and accounts Adrienne is an invaluable member of staff. Although her role is primarily in the office she often helps out at busy events either at front of house or at the bar.
As our caretaker and tech support Tom works behind the scenes to ensure the smooth operation of day to day activities and evening events. Although usually behind the scenes Tom is on hand to give assistance at events and workshops when required.
Board of DirectorsCourthouse Arts Centre
Frank Gallagher – Chairman
Brian Whelan – Secretary
Prof. Ciaran Brady
Prof. W. J. Mc Cormack
VancanyFinancial Administrator/Accounts Manager
Financial Administrator/Accounts Manager
To support the Board of Management and Artistic Director to ensure the company’s financial administration and bookkeeping is followed to best practice guidelines and within company law and charity regulation requirements.
- Weekly bookkeeping using Sage 50c.
- Online bank data input, preparation and reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for analysis by artistic director and company secretary.
- Recording and verifying audience payments through our online ticketing processor.
- Action and update weekly sales reporting of till payments including cash, credit card and online payments.
- Processing payroll.
- Preparation of financial statements and Tax compliance.
- Produce Invoices and follow up on monies owed to the company.
- Document and keep records in respect of company bank account’s for the purposes of auditing.
- Continually monitor and review current practices and procedures including system processes and where necessary make recommendations in respect of enhancements.
Person Specification – What You Bring To The Role:
Experience & Qualifications
- Strong Knowledge of Sage 50c, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, outlook).
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a bookkeeping role.
- Experience in accounting or financial area.
- Previous experience in an administrative capacity.
- Experience assisting with year-end accounts for the auditors.
- Accounting Technician Certificate would be advantageous.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Experience adhering to company confidentiality code.
- Honesty and Integrity
- Strong performance ethos
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage time effectively
- Ability to deal with multiple queries in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Highly motivated and proactive
Terms and conditions of employment
- The position is for a three year contract, subject to continued funding and includes a 6 month probationary period.
- This is a part time position of 16 hours per week exclusive of lunch. Ideally two full days a week but we are open to facilitating morning or afternoons. It is understood that at times you may be expected to work such hours as are necessary to support the workload in question. Any hours worked over the contracted hours per week may be taken in lieu with prior agreement with the artistic director.
- The position holds an entitlement of 20 days holiday per year, plus all public holidays.
Salary: €12,000 gross per annum commensurate with experience.
How to apply
To apply for this position please send a CV detailing your experience and listing three references (preferably with their email addresses) and a covering letter telling us:
- Why you’re right for this role; both in terms of experience and meeting the selection criteria.
- Why you want to work at The Courthouse Arts Centre.
Applications must be submitted to Frank Gallagher Chairman either by post: The Courthouse Arts Centre Main St Tinahely Co Wicklow or by email : email@example.com application will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Closing Date for applications is Friday 25th May 2018 @ 5pm. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed on Wednesday May 30th from 2pm. Start date for this position will be Tuesday June 5th 2018.
The Courthouse Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is funded by the Arts Council, Wicklow County Council, Pobal and Intreo.